Positive Effects[edit | edit source]
- Reload time reduction.
- Single round chambering speed.
- Reduced time to aim-down-sight.
- Reduced weapon sway while aiming down sight.
- Reduced recoil.
- Tightness of crosshair while not aiming down sight.
- Reduced stamina drain while aiming down sight.
- Note: Also see how endurance effects stamina.
Negative Effects[edit | edit source]
- Fame point gain rate is significantly reduced with higher rifle skill levels.
Leveling[edit | edit source]
The rifle skill can be leveled up by:
- Shooting/killing animals, players, or puppets.
- Note: Shooting while standing will give more experience than easier stances, like crouching or laying prone.
- Note: Experience is only gained if a round is fired before reloading. The round does not have to hit a target.
- Crafting improvised rails and suppressors.
The skill level can only be increased if the player has enough points in their strength attribute to allow it.
- Basic: 0.5 STR required
- Medium: 1.5 STR required
- Advanced: 3.0 STR required
Misconceptions[edit | edit source]
The rifle skill does not effect:
- Speed of ranging, windage calculations, and any additional information displayed inside of certain sights. This is determined by the sniping skill.
[edit | edit source]