- Reload time reduction.
- Single round chambering speed.
- Reduced time to aim-down-sight.
- Reduced weapon sway while aiming down sight.
- Reduced recoil.
- Tightness of crosshair while not aiming down sight.
- Fame point gain rate is significantly reduced with higher handgun skill levels.
The handgun skill can be leveled up by:
- Shooting/killing animals, mechanoids, players, or puppets.
- Note: Shooting while standing will give more experience than easier stances, like crouching or laying prone.
- Note: Experience is only gained if a round is fired before reloading. The round does not have to hit a target.
The skill level can only be increased if the player has enough points in their strength attribute to allow it.
- Basic: 0.5 STR required
- Medium: 1.5 STR required
- Advanced: 3.0 STR required